B.A.R.K. Animal Rescue
Buckeye Lake Area Humane Society and B.A.R.K. Animal Rescue
Our Featured Pet is..."Adopt a Street cat":
We, like most others, have an over abundance of cats that need homes. All our cats are altered and there is typically no adoption fee. Can you find room for one of our cats or a kitten?
Licking County residents can get cats spayed/neutered in Heath, Ohio at the Southgate Shopping Center at the NOMAD mobile clinic. Call Bob Wyrick at 740-323-0963 for more details or go to their website at http://nomadclinicforcats.webs.com/ and tell them BLAHS and BARK sent you.
About Us And What We Need
We are a non-profit organization located about 30 miles east of Columbus in Buckeye Lake, Ohio. Our "purpose"(as taken from our Ohio LLC) is to help shelter, protect, rehome, provide medical care and altering for stray, abused, neglected or otherwise needy animals in Licking, Perry, Fairfield and other southeastern counties in the state of Ohio. In addition, the Buckeye Lake Area Humane Society intends to educate the public on the importance of providing quality care and implementing humane principles when dealing with animals, as well as the importance of reducing the pet over population by spaying and neutering pets.
The greatest need, in the Buckeye Lake area, is to provide emergency medical assistance to sick or injured animals that are not currently provided for under Ohio law (such as cats or owned dogs) or whose owner does not have the financial capability of paying a veterinarian up front for the cost of necessary treatment. Since we do not yet have an actual facility, financial assistance and medical care is our immediate focus.
Another of our goals is to keep pets in their homes by helping pet owners who may not be able to afford food or necessary supplies for their pets. We rely solely on donations of materials and financial donations and of the time and tender loving care of foster parents. Without our foster homes, we would be very limited on what animals we can help and we thank them so very much.
In addition to financial donations, we are in need of material donations such as, cages, food, litter, towels, paper towels, disinfectants, blankets, heating pads, kennels, pet dishes, pet toys, and household cleaning supplies. Financial donations can be mailed to BLAHS, P.O. Box 1502, Buckeye Lake, OH 43008.
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact us by sending an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also give us a call at 740-527-0661.
Please remember, the breeds listed are generally a guess and are not guaranteed as we sometimes do not know the history of these animals.
Would You Like To Volunteer?
Some kittens and puppies require bottle feeding and foster homes. If you are interested in bottle feeding or becoming a foster home, please contact us at email@example.com. Foster homes, as well as permanent homes, are always needed and are GREATLY appreciated!
News In Licking County, Ohio
If your DOG is picked up by Licking County Animal Control, they only have to keep it for 72 hours if it is NOT wearing a CURRENT license. Those 72 hours are not necessarily BUSINESS hours. They could use Sundays and holidays as part of the hold period and you may not see your dog again! I cannot stress enough the IMPORTANCE of having a current license for your dog and displaying this tag on your dog's collar. If it does have a current license displayed, Animal Control has 14 days to notify you and, therefore, your dog has 14 days to live, rather than 72 hours. Check your state laws. License your pet! And, report lost/found pets to www.lcounty.com by clicking on the "animal shelter" link.
We recommend that you keep your cat inside at all times and put a break away collar on them with your name written on the collar itself. Provide pots of lawn grass for your indoor cat to curb her interest in wanting to be outside! And, PLEASE, do not use flea collars. They can be deadly!
Adopting a friend
If you are interested in adopting a pet, please copy and paste this application to a new email and return it to us after you have filled it out completely. If you fail to fill out any of the information, your application could be automatically rejected. (Out of state applicants MUST provide a veterinarian reference and/or the contact information of your local ASPCA or Humane Society that is willing to perform a home visit for you to adopt this animal.)
1. What is your personal info such as name, address, city, state, zip,
telephone number and email address? (Don't forget to also include the county that you reside in!) How long at this address?
2. What is your veterinarian's name, address and phone number? (If you do not have a veterinarian, you will need to provide us with 3
personal references and the name of your local humane society or SPCA willing to do a home visit.)
3. Do you own or rent your home? If you rent, please give your landlord's name, address and phone number. Do you have a fenced yard? (Please describe type of fence if applicable.)
4. Which animal are you interested in? What would you intend to do with this animal (i.e., breeding, showing, pet, service dog, companion to another animal, family member, etc.)?
5. Would it be spayed/neutered if it has not already been done? If "no,"
please state the reason.
6. Where would the animal be staying (i.e., in the house, in the yard, in
7. If you are approved, how would you get the animal (i.e., ask to have it
shipped or transported, pick it up yourself)?
8. Do you currently have any pets? If, yes, please list them. You must also include any pets that you had in the past 10 years and where they are now. (Regardless of the time, if you have ever owned the species of animal you are applying for (i.e. dog, cat, etc.), you must include those animals and their status.
9. What are they used for and are they spayed/neutered? If not, why?
10. Including yourself, what are the ages of the people living in your household?
11. Do you own any reptiles? What type?
12. How many hours per day will this pet be left alone and where will it be kept for that time?
13. Have you, or anyone living in your household, ever been convicted of or plead guilty to a crime against animals?
14. Does anyone in your household have Asthma or any other allergies?
15. Do you understand there is an adoption fee and what it is used for?
Please allow 2 business days for us to process your application.
16. Do you agree to allow us to contact the references (including your veterinarian) that you have provided in this application?
At firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or call 740-527-0661 for information on our adoption fees; to set up an appointment; to visit a particular animal; or to give a donation.
P.O. Box 1502
Buckeye Lake, OH 43008
Click here for a list of pets at this shelter
[Home] [Information] [Shelters] [Search]