Pet Adoption Network
Click to see our events!
Who We Are
Our Mission will be to rescue homeless pets, obtain veterinary care for them and make them available for permanent placement with responsible guardians. No adoptable pet will be euthanized solely for lack of a permanent home. We will strive for increased public awareness of the need to spay/neuter and vaccinate pets, and educate the public on the proper care of companion animals. This effort is intended to reduce the large population of homeless pets, primarily in the City of Rochester.
Pet Adoption Network was founded in January of 2003. We received 501c3 tax exempt status in 2004. Our organization is new but our members have over 75 collective years of experience with rescued animals. We are an all volunteer organization dedicated to the rescue, care and welfare of domestic animals. We have no shelter, our animals live in "haven homes" until a permanent home is found. We care for the animals giving them love, shelter and veterinary care.
Many of our rescued pets have had a difficult start in life. Many come to us with no history at all. We do our best to evaluate each animal. Some will do well in a busy home, some need an experienced handler, or a fenced yard, while others may not adapt to other pets or children.
While kittens and puppies can adapt readily to a new home, older dogs and cats need time to adjust and feel safe. We strive to make the adoption a permanent one. We do not want to place any animal on a trial basis because this is very hard on them.
Adopting a friend
If you are considering adopting one of our pets, this is how the process works:
1. You have found THE ONE you would like either by searching our website at www.petadoptionnetwork.org or visiting our Adoption Center. Maybe you have an idea of what you want and need help finding them or clarifying what would work best for your situation. You may want to talk with one of the volunteers at the center or call the phone line for specific information - (585) 338-9175.
2. When you are ready, fill out the application from our website completely, or come down to our adoption center and fill out an application there. The more information we have the better we can help you and ensure the success of the adoption. The application does not commit you to anything, but we request that you be serious about adopting. It sometimes takes a great deal of volunteer time to process an application. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours of submitting an online application, please contact us to make sure that we received it.
3. We check references. By filling out the application, you give us permission to call your veterinarian to be sure any other pets have had appropriate care and their vaccinations have been kept up to date.
4. We wait a minimum of 24 hours to be sure that you have time to think about the cost and commitment of adoption.
5. Sometimes there are multiple applications for the same pet. This can make it difficult for all involved. We strive to make the best decision for the pet and you.
6. You may get a phone call to clarify information and answer any questions.
7. If you get the news that you may adopt, we will advise you about items you need to bring with you (for example, a cat carrier, the adoption fee). We will set up a mutually agreeable time for the adoption.
8. You are encouraged to call with any questions or problems and to let us know how things are going.
Come Visit Us!
Pet Adoption Network
4261 Culver Road
Rochester, NY 14622
Saturday and Sunday 12:00 to 4:00
Click here for a list of pets at this shelter
[Home] [Information] [Shelters] [Search]