Friends of BCAS is a 501(c)3 non-profit. Your donations are tax-deductible!
"Pets for Vets" Free Adoption Program
"Pets for Seniors" Free Adoption Program
|Special cats seeking EXTRAORDINARY adopters:|
|Special dogs seeking EXTRAORDINARY adopters:|
The Burlington County Animal Shelter is a county facility supported by animal control contracts with local municipalities and the county taxpayers. It is used as a shelter for stray dogs, cats and other small animals for a short term stay in accordance with Title 8, Chapter 23. All stray animals not claimed by owners or adopted will be kept for at least the state-mandated 7 days.
Animals will not be euthanized unless: the shelter is beyond capacity, for disease control purposes as specified by the Veterinarian, if they are surrendered by their legal owners for humane euthanasia, if they are severely ill or aged, if they are feral (not in a TNR program), or if they are aggressive, biting animals and/or are not suitable for adoption as determined by the Animal Adoption Advocates and/or the Health Officer.
Where We Are:
- Burlington County Animal Shelter
- County Facilities Complex - Woodlane Road
- 35 Academy Drive
- Westampton, NJ 08060
- Phone for adoption info: 609-265-5073
- Monday & Thursday 12pm - 7pm
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday 12pm - 4pm
- Sundays & Holidays closed
- $75 for Dogs
- $100 for Puppies (under 6 months)
- $45 for Cats
- $60 for Kittens (under 6 months)
Fees waived for Veterans and Seniors (60+) of Burlington County.
Contact the shelter for other rates.
All pets will spayed or neutered before adoption.
The Shelter appreciates donations of the following items:
*** Especially appreciated.
- Dog and cat food
- *** Kitten food/formula and bottles
- Kuranda Medium Dog Beds (see image on left)
- *** Kuranda Cat Beds (see image on left)
- Toys & Treats
- Ceramic pet food dishes
- White rice & socks
- Cat litter (non-clumping only)
- Slip lead-type dog leashes
- Cat carriers & dog crates
- *** Frontline, Advantage & Biospot
- Blankets, sheets & towels
- Hot dogs
- Plastic sandwich bags
- Oster clipper blades (sizes 40 & 10 only)
- Liquid hand soap and hand sanitizer
- Bleach or other disinfectants
- Cleaning supplies (sponges, brooms, etc)
- Liquid laundry soap (regular and high efficiency)
- Dryer sheets
- Fragrant or odor-eliminating products
- Bounty paper towels
- Batteries (9 volts & AAs)
- Kitchen utensils (forks and spoons)
PLEASE VISIT THE SHELTER:
(View Map Here)
Directions from NJ north or south:
From NJ Turnpike:
- Take exit 5.
- Go to traffic light, make right onto Route 541.
- Go through first traffic light.
- Take jughandle before next light to Woodlane Road.
- Turn right at stop sign.
- Turn right at second traffic light (Pioneer Blvd).
- Turn left onto Academy Drive.
- Follow signs to Animal Shelter
From Interstate 295:
- Take exit 45A.
- Turn left at third traffic light (Irick Road).
- Turn right at next traffic light (Woodlane Road).
- Turn left at next traffic light (Pioneer Blvd).
- Turn left on Academy Drive.
- Follow signs to Animal Shelter.
* For GPS purposes, enter address as 15 Pioneer Blvd instead of 35 Academy Drive. Follow directions as above.
The Burlington County Animal Shelter and the Burlington County Animal Alliance are two completely separate organizations.
We are the County Shelter, located in Westampton, NJ. The Alliance is an animal rescue and foster organization which does its best to save endangered animals who have run out of time, including those at our Shelter.
[Petfinder Home] [Information] [Shelters] [Search]