Alley Cats and Angels adopts out rescued friendly cats and kittens. We have many wonderful cats and kittens for adoption. Because our kitties have already been through a lot in their lives, we are not looking for just “any” home; we work hard to ensure a good match between our cats and their new home. Therefore, we ask you to fill out an application, interview you and ask many questions about your home environment, your family and your current pets. Please understand that we are not trying to be ‘nosy’, just trying to help you find a cat that will fit well with your expectations and your lifestyle. We care very much about our little friends, and we know how traumatic it can be for them to go to a new home and then to be returned. We work hard to make the ‘right’ match the first time around.
If you feel you have what it takes to give a great home and good care to one (or more!) of our cats, please fill out our application.
Before you adopt:
- Each potential adopter must complete an Adoption Application
- The application will be reviewed by an experienced adoption counselor and the foster home
- We will contact you by phone to discuss your specific needs and any purrsonality traits you are seeking in a cat and also answer any questions you may have
- All key members of the household should meet and interact with the cat you are considering adopting
In order to adopt or be considered as an adopter:
- You must be 18 years of age or older
- You must show valid photo ID showing your present address
- You must be able to prove that you are allowed to have a pet where you live (proof of home ownership or a copy of your rental lease including the specific pet policy)
- You must be able and willing to spend the time and money necessary to provide training, medical treatment and proper care for a pet for the entire life of that animal
- You will be asked to provide veterinary references
- All current pets (cats, dogs) must be current on their vaccinations
All cats available for adoption have received medical care including:
- Wellness check
- Spay or neuter surgery (Alley Cats and Angels has a 100% pre-adoption spay/neuter policy)
- FeLV/FIV/Heartworm combo test
- FVRCP+FeLV initial vaccination and booster
- Rabies vaccination
- Treated for intestinal parasites, fleas, and ear mites
- Microchipping (Alley Cats and Angels uses veterinarian recommended Home Again microchips and shelter paid enrollment in the Home Again recovery database)
Adopter must bring or purchase a carrier in which to take home adopted cat. All cats must be transported in a pet carrier.
Alley Cats and Angels wants to help you through your adjustment period with your new companion and we will be happy to answer any questions that you may have. In addition, Alley Cats and Angels wants to know that our cats are cared for the rest of their lives, therefore, we make a lifetime commitment to our rescues and we will take back any cat adopted from Alley Cats and Angels, at any time, for any reason.