East Mississippi Animal Rescue
EAST MISSISSIPPI ANIMAL RESCUE
East Mississippi Animal Rescue started in 2001 and is an all-volunteer, 501(c)(3), nonprofit organization dedicated to the rescue and re-homing of abandoned animals in East Mississippi.
EMAR is a small group of dedicated volunteers trying to make a difference in our community. We are not a shelter with visiting hours; animals are housed at the homes of volunteers, which means we can accept only a limited number of animals at a time.
Each animal is given basic medical care and, if at an appropriate age, is spayed or neutered. The adoption fee charged for puppies or kittens includes a spay or neuter fee so the procedure can be done when the animal is old enough. Adoption fees also help cover routine veterinary costs.
Rescue expenses are funded by donations and adoption fees. EMAR has never received any assistance from county or city government and is not affiliated with any county-run facility.
Our motto: We find beauty in the most incomprehensible places and the otherwise homely faces. It is our gift to see beyond the dirt, terror, sadness, and defeat and find the true soul that lies within. We are Rescue.
The animals we receive are taken in because of a special situation (owner going to nursing home, small dog that would be traumatized by a shelter environment, animal needs medical assistance, etc.)
Our adoption fees for cats are usually a $75 donation and most dogs are $150. This fee covers current vaccinations, the spay/neuter of the animal, and a 1-year rabies vaccination. ALL cats and dogs are neutered, age permitting. If the animal adopted is too young, following up on that is a must. Click here to see the pets for adoption from EMAR.
If you are interested in adopting an animal from us:
- You must be 21 years old or older to adopt an animal.
- Click here to review our adoption contract.
- After reading the contract and agreeing to its terms, click here to fill out and submit the application for adoption. Please note that the application for adoption MUST BE COMPLETED AND SUBMITTED prior to inquiring about adoption.
We Need Your Help!
The Animal Rescue is run solely on donations and volunteer help. We are a 501(c)(3) status non-profit organization.
Here are a few ways you can help:
Gifts cards (gas, Walmart, and pet supply stores)
Save and donate your newspapers (no salepapers please) for lining crates and puppy pens
Have your pets spayed or neutered
Support our shelter! Buy Frontline Plus and pet medications today!
Donate a pet bed to EMAR
Earn money for EMAR by simply searching or shopping on the web with Goodsearch!
- Open your home to a foster pet
- Volunteer at pet adoption days at PETCO
- Volunteer to drive transports
- Organize fundraisers
- Volunteer your computer skills
- Volunteer grant-writing skills
- Donate funds
- Donate supplies
- Used or new pet items
- collars and leashes
- beds and toys
- doghouses and crates of all sizes
- towels and blankets
- Lemon Joy
- Office supplies
- printer paper and ink (HP 96 and 97)
- three-ring binders
If you are interested in donating time, money, or supplies, please contact Paula Joyner at (601) 553-3060 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
- Thank you to all the dedicated volunteers who foster and spend quality time with these animals, showing them love and patience.
- Thank you to all those who have supported us through the years with their donations of time, money, or supplies.
- Thanks to PETCO for allowing us to hold bimonthly pet adoptions at their site.
- Thanks to Walmart for continuous food donations.
- Thanks to Joe at Connections Unlimited for always helping us out with our printing needs and beyond.
- Thanks to The Shampoochy Salon for washing and grooming the animals- getting them clean and smelling good.
- Thanks to The Meridian Star for its continued support in helping with advertisement.
- Thanks to Leading Edges Advertising for its help with the design of our Web site and its continued support.
- A special thanks to Dr. Tyson Pompelia, Dr. Chip Carney, and their staffs for providing veterinary services.
East Mississippi Animal Rescue
2440 North Hills Street
Meridian, MS 39305
Phone: (601) 553-3060
Click here for a list of pets at this shelter.
Click here to see our upcoming events.
Click here to see our 2014 Happy Tails--pets that have either been adopted or transported to another rescue for adoption.
[Home] [Information] [Shelters] [Search]