Adoption Day -To Be Announced.
Who We Are
Safe Haven Pet Rescue is a non-profit, volunteer staffed organization that rescues abandoned and unwanted dogs and cats and places unclaimed pets into new, loving homes. Safe Haven does not euthanize except in extreme
instances of terminal illness or injury.
Safe Haven Pet Rescue was incorporated in Minnesota in June of 1998. Since that time, Safe Haven has rescued and adopted out over 1000 cats and dogs. Safe Haven is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization, so donations are tax-deductible as a charitable contribution.
Adopting a Friend
Our Adoptions Policies:
- All pets are examined by a veterinarian prior to being placed up for adoption. Cats and kittens are tested for Feline Leukemia and Feline Immunodeficiency Virus after the age of 9 weeks. All pets receive distemper and Rabies vaccinations appropriate for their ages. They are also checked for parasites and treated if necessary.
- There is an adoption fee of $75.00 for unaltered pets and $100.00 for pets that have been neutered or spayed. This fee allows us to provide the basic veterinary care for another cat or dog that needs to be rescued.
- You will be required
to complete the Adoption Questionnaire and an Adoption Contract when you adopt a
pet. If you rent or live in a mobile home park or condominium, you will be asked
to provide the name and telephone number of your apartment or park manager to
verify that you may have a pet where you live.
- Individuals wishing to adopt a pet must be 18 years of age or older in order to sign the adoption contract. A recognized form of identification is required.
- Pets may not be adopted as a gift to be given to another party not in your immediate household. Gift Certificates are available to be given so a person may select their own companion pet.
- Unaltered animals adopted from Safe Haven Pet Rescue must be neutered or spayed within the timeperiod specified on the Adoption Contract.
- All declawed cats will be adopted only as strictly indoor pets.
- Safe Haven Pet Rescue cannot guarantee the health and temperament of any animal in a new home situation, even though it has been examined and evaluated by a veterinarian
prior to adoption. If a pet is not working out, notify Safe Haven and arrangements will be made for the animal to be returned. Within the first month after adoption, the adoption fee will be refunded upon request. Please note, Safe Haven does NOT do same day adoptions.
If you have any questions
regarding these policies, please ask to talk to a Safe Haven Pet Rescue
Presently,our cats, kittens, dogs and puppies are housed at several locations in the Rochester area, including foster homes and boarding facilities. We do have a shelter that houses cats, it is best to call for directions. The best way to get a hold of us is through our phone number or email.
Safe Haven is staffed by volunteers and we will do our very best to answer your emails and phone messages promptly, but all of us have several obligations and sometimes a response could be delayed. Our first responsibility is ALWAYS to the welfare of the animals.
Donations and Volunteers
Donations to Safe Haven are tax-deductible and can take several forms. Monetary donations are always needed. Checks can be made out to Safe Haven Pet
Rescue, Inc. and mailed to: Safe Haven, P.O. Box 733, Rochester, MN 55903-9122. Please include a return address to receive a receipt. Cat and dog food, towels, blankets, sheets, bleach, laundry soap, collars, leashes, toys, kennels and carriers, pet dishes, brushes and combs, nail clippers and other pet related items are also appreciated. To make arrangements to drop off pet supplies, please call 507-529-4079.
Volunteers are always needed for a variety of tasks including:
- Daily cleaning, feeding, exercising and socializing of animals, we have nearly 80 "houses" to clean every day 365 days a year.
- Staffing special adoption fairs and fund raising events
- Transporting animals to and from veterinary appointments or other locations
- Preparing promotional material
- In-home fostering of cats and dogs, especially kittens
If you would like to volunteer or need more information about volunteering, please call 507-529-4079
Safe Haven Pet Rescue Inc
PO Box 733
Rochester, MN 55903
Phone: 507-529-4079 - cat shelter
Visit our non petfider website
[Home] [Information] [Shelters] [Search]
Click here to see our Happy Tails!