All dogs are spay or neutered, fully vaccinated, microchipped, de-wormed and more, before placement. Adoption fees shall not be considered purchase prices, but donations to help defray vet costs and related expenses to help us continue our rescue efforts.
We use the HomeAgain microchip system.
If you are considering adopting a dog, remember it is a long term commitment and these wonderful beings are not disposable. You will need to fill out an adoption application and a home visit may be required, depending on the animal or the distance. We do not do same day adoptions. We request that you call for an appointment after your application has been approved to come and visit the animal of your choice. If you have a current dog, you should bring him/her along to meet the new dog so we can see how everyone interacts.
BECAUSE WE ONLY ADOPT INTO STABLE AND PERMANENT HOMES, WE DO NOT ADOPT OUT TO PEOPLE AGE 21 OR YOUNGER, OR THOSE STILL IN COLLEGE, UNLESS THEY ARE HOMEOWNERS.
Did you know?
- That our expenses are 4 times greater than our intake of adoption fees.
- The average dog costs $275 in vet bills. That is for the vet exam, spaying/neutering, vaccinating and microchipping.
- Many dogs cost more due to dental surgeries, eye surgeries, heartworm treatment, and other treatments requiring antibiotics.
- Because we mostly give sanctuary to seniors, we spend over $400 a month just on arthritis pain medications.
- Some dogs are on special dietary dog foods costing almost $50 per 40lb. bag, and big dogs have big appetites!!
- Some dogs are not adopted out due to age or illness and live out their lives here.
OUR WISH LIST:
- Quality dry kibble.
- Quality canned food.
- Taste of The Wild - Salmon and potato, grain free dry kibble, for our food allergy dogs.
- Dog treats, rawhides, beef bones.
- Used stuffed animals, tug toys/ropes.
- Frontline or other flea/tick meds for large dogs.
- Paper towels, bleach, laundry detergent.
If you would like to contribute so we can continue our efforts to save dogs and adopt them into loving homes, or give them sanctuary, please click on the "Donate" button below. We thank you! And the dogs thank you!!
"Courtesy Listing" animals are not in our Rescue program and have not been evaluated by Rescued Paws volunteers. They are listed as a courtesy to someone in need of re-homing an animal. Rescued Paws makes no representations and expressly disclaims any and all liability as to the temperament, health, or other trait of Courtesy Listing animals and will only relay their contact information to you. Courtesy Listings are private adoptions processed through current owners, shelters, etc., although Rescued Paws will often assist in the process.