Come join us Wednesday, August 13th from Noon - 6PM at Fox Marquette on HWY US 41 in Marquette and help an animal in need.
Collars for a Cause is a ADOPTION FEE WAIVED , offsite pet adoption fair that helps animals in need of a good home, find one. The Collars for a Cause pet adoption event is being brought to the community by Fox Marquette and Charter Media.
UPAWS will be bringing animals that need homes to Fox Marquette. In return, Fox Marquette will be paying the basic adoption fees of all animals adopted from the UPAWS between Noon - 6PM on August 13th. People interested in adopting a pet must stop by Fox Marquette to see the animals and obtain an Adoption Voucher. The animals at the shelter, Petsmart and in foster care are included too BUT you must stop at FOX first to obtain a voucher.
The adoption fee includes the spaying or neutering of the animal, a distemper vaccination, a rabies vaccination, and a fecal sample check for parasites, flea bath, and a health check, microchip, free 30 days of health insurance, a full size bag of Dr. Tim's All Natural Pet Food & more!
Adopt a Pet from Our Shelter and You Get...
* A pet whose temperament has been observed and evaluated.
* A pet that has been socialized and introduced to basic training.
* A subscription to the UPAWS newsletter that included tips on pet care and upcoming events.
* A sense of satisfaction knowing you have become part of the solution to the pet overpopulation problem.
Please call the shelter at 906-475-6661906-475-6661 if you would like more information or have questions about our adoption process.
Thank you for considering adoption!
The Upper Peninsula Animal Welfare Shelter, is an independent, non-profit, community-supported, open admission animal welfare organization. Our mission is to:
1) Aid in the sheltering & adoption of animals
2) Promote responsible pet ownership
3) Actively educate & promote the importance of spaying & neutering to help alleviate pet over population
4) Assist in strengthening the human-animal relationship
UPAWS is dedicated to educating & working with county-wide agencies concerning the welfare of animals.
Our website: www.upaws.org
UPAWS is located approximately one mile off US-41 at 84 Snowfield Road in Negaunee Township just east of the TV-6 station. (Behind the old Airport.)
Hours: We are open to the public seven days a week- 12:00PM to 4:00PM. Thursday Noon - 6:30PM
Please note: There is NOT a fee to admit a pet that you can not keep or that you find as a stray!
We turn NO animals away. We are an Open Admission shelter.