Guardian Angels Cat Rescue, Inc.
Guardian Angels Cat Rescue is a non-profit organization formed to rescue the neediest cats and kittens. We work primarily in the Metrowest area outside of Boston, MA. With over fifteen years experience in feline rescue, we work with shelter personnel and local veterinarians to identify cats in need and get them ready for their new homes. Most of our cats are tame, friendly pets who were abandoned by previous owners. We rely on a dedicated network of volunteer foster homes who care for their charges until an adoptive home is found. We are staffed entirely by volunteers, and rely on private funding and donations to support our rescues.
You can come to an adoption information day, or, you can call us and tell us about the kind of cat that you are looking for.Call: 781-237-8405 or 508-651-1205. Guardian Angels displays adoptable cats on most Saturdays from 11:30 a.m.until 3:00 p.m. at the Especially for Pets Stores in Wayland or Sudbury, MA. Please email us to confirm the time and location.
· If you like a cat, you will complete an adoption application that is used to help match the right pet to your home. Speak to our adoption counselor. Please ask questions! We will ask for the name and phone number of your veterinarian, if you have one. If you live in a rental property, we must confirm that your landlord will allow the pets to live in your home.
· Adopters must be at least 21 years of age and must have current picture ID.
· Adopters must be willing to provide a loving home, medical care and lifelong commitment to a cat.
· Each cat must go home in a carrier.
· Guardian Angels asks for a $135.00 tax-deductible donation for each cat to help reimburse some of the veterinary costs incurred.
Each cat is provided with the following care before adoption:
· is spayed or neutered
· has had a general examination by a veterinarian.
· is tested for FeLV. Some cats are also tested for FIV and heart worm.
· has been vaccinated for common cat diseases & Rabies .
· has been treated for intestinal parasites.
· has been “lap raised”by a foster care giver in his/her home. The foster parent provides affection and attention in addition to a safe environment and a nutritious diet. The foster parent provides information about each cat’s personality, habits, and preferences so that we can help you pick a cat suitable for your home.
Adoption Information Days are held on most Saturdays from 11:30 a.m. until 3:00 pm. We display our cats at these events, which are hosted by the Especially for Pets stores, generally in Wayland or Sudbury.
Please note: Adoption Information days are staffed entirely by volunteers and the schedule cannot be guaranteed. Please confirm the day, location, and time of the adoption information day that you wish to attend by e-mail . GuardianAngelsCatRescue@gmail.com, or call us at 781-237-8405 or 508-651-1205.
WE NEED FOSTER HOMES!
Guardian Angels relies on a dedicated network of volunteer foster homes who care for their foster cats until an adoptive home is found. We are staffed entirely by volunteers, and rely on private funding and donations to support our rescue. We are looking for new foster homes in the following towns; Framingham, Natick, Wellesley, Weston, Wayland, Sudbury, Lincoln. f you cannot adopt a new pet, fostering can give you an opportunity for a rewarding short-term commitment. Foster cats generally come to us from desperate circumstances, and when you foster an animal, you have probably saved its life.
Foster caregivers provide:
• The simple necessities needed by the foster cat - food, water, litter, and a clean, safe,and healthy environment.
• Affection, - love and understanding, appropriate training, and a caring atmosphere that prepares the foster animal for adoption into a new home.
• Willingness and ability to recognize potential problems or emergencies and to communicate promptly with your Foster Coordinator.
• Transportation to and from adoption days on a regular basis, when the animal is ready for adoption and until the animal finds a new home.
Adoption days are generally on Saturday from 11:30 a.m.until 3:00 p.m. in either Wayland or Sudbury Especially for Pets stores.
Guardian Angels provides:
• Veterinary care as approved by the Foster Coordinator.
• Advice about foster animal health and behavior.
• Some supplies as needed and available, such as a carrier, food, litter box, litter and age-appropriate toys.
To learn more about becoming a foster home, call either Kim Engler at 781-237-8405 or Susan Carson at 508-651-1205.