- Kitten season will be here any day now. PLEASE Spay/Neuter your pets.
- WE DO HAVE A TNR PROGRAM (trap/neuter/release) FOR SOUTHWICK. If you have feral (wild) cats in your neighborhood that you would like to be spay/neutered, please call the shelter so we can get to work on trapping them. Our TNR program includes: spay/neuter, testing for aids/leukemia, & rabies shot. ALL cats will be returned to neighborhood. Trapping will be done Monday - Wednesday only.
- With warm weather on its way please remember that dogs left in hot cars can be in serious trouble in just minutes.
- THE TOWN OF SOUTHWICK WILL TICKET OWNERS OF DOGS LEFT IN CARS ON HOT DAYS.
- Remember the shelter animals that haven't found their forever homes yet. Even one can of food, one toy, one word of mouth that they're here helps each one to maybe have hope of finding their forever home.
Adopting A Friend
With our new shelter someone is there Monday - Friday 8am - 2:30pm. If you would like an evening or weekend visit to the shelter, PLEASE MAKE AN APPOINTMENT at least 24 hours in advance.
Here at the Southwick Animal Shelter, we have a wide variety of cats and dogs. We do from time to time get kittens and puppies. Please visit our pet page to see what we have available at this time. Please keep checking with us. We have some wonderful cats and dogs that need forever homes. We are working hard to get everyone that is in the shelter spayed, neutered and up to date on shots. Keep checking the write ups on our pets to see if they have been adopted. You must be 21 years old to adopt.
ADOPTION FEES We have two prices for our adoptions. Cats: $100.00 includes Leukemia and Feline Aids testing, Dogs: $125.00 Heartworm testing on dogs, Distemper, Rabies, shots, wormed and spay or neutered. No animals leave the shelter without being spay/neutered. All vaccines, testing and spay/neuter are also done. Occasionally we have barn cats. These cats are not pets and are not real friendly.
Who We Are
Southwick Animal Shelter
Welcome to the Southwick Animal Shelter Page. We continue to love the animals in our care. We strive very hard to find the animals here their forever homes.
Volunteering - We have started our volunteer program. Training will be available.
If you are interested in volunteering, please bear in mind that you must be 18 years of age in order to do so. If you care to sign up, I will be glad to get the paperwork for you. Please come to the shelter between the hours of 8am-1pm. We can also do weekends by appointment for meeting.
Come Visit Us
When You Come Visit Us!
PLEASE, there are times when I am out of the office. Usually we are manned so come into the lobby and ring the bell on the wall. We are located behind the Southwick Police Station, 11 Depot Street, Southwick, MA. 01077. When you enter the driveway, follow the road along, staying to the right as you come down the hill. We are the large new stone building, Polverari - Southwick Animal Control Facility.
Contact Southwick Animal Shelter