Every Tuesday and Thursday night a group of volunteers meets at the pens at 5:30 PM (weather permitting). We take each dog for a leashed walk so they can stretch their legs, socialize and get some time out of the shelter. Please join us! Everyone is welcome!
Like us on Facebook at:
Adopting A Friend
To adopt an animal from the Winnsboro Dog Pound, there is an upfront payment of $60 BUT... if you have them spayed or neutered within 30 days, you get a $55 credit toward the spay/neuter fee, so the effective fee to the City is only $5.00. To adopt one from one of our foster homes, just reimburse a portion of the vet bills already paid for their care. You will be asked to sign an adoption contract in either case.
The best way to contact us about an animal you see on petfinder is to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. or you may email our petfinder site manager at email@example.com. Both of these email addresses are checked multiple times and a day and we will get back with you ASAP.
To adopt a pet, you need to fill out an adoption application located at the link below:
Who We Are
We are a small group of volunteers who assist with the care and adoptions of the animals at the Winnsboro Dog Pound. The pound is city funded and consists of a small building with less than 30 holding pens. The animal control officer of Winnsboro uses these holding pens to house the animals that are picked up daily throughout the city. The pound is a high-kill shelter that is only able to house as many animals as space allows. When the pens are full every animal at the Winnsboro Dog Pound is subject to being euthanized. We try our best to find homes for the animals in the pound so we can prevent the euthanasia of healthy, adoptable animals in our community.
We are always in need of foster homes! If you would like to foster a dog or cat from the Winnsboro Dog Pound, please let us know. We can provide you with food, a crate and any medical care the dog or cat may need. All you need to provide is love and a safe place for the animal to stay until their forever home comes along.
Come Visit Us
- The Winnsboro Dog Pound holding pens are located at 2700 Industrial Drive, Winnsboro, LA.
- The pens are open Mon-Thurs @ NOON-2:00 & Fri @ NOON-1:00.
- Call the city of Winnsboro's animal control officer, Russell Grant @ 318-439-7035 M-F 8-4 if you have city-related animal questions or problems.
- You may call our adoption/volunteer coordinator, Kim @ Kiper Hardware, 318-435-9095 if you would like to volunteer, adopt an animal from the pound or if you have lost a pet. Please keep in mind that Kim has a full-time job outside of the volunteer work she does for the Winnsboro Dog Pound. She does not get paid for her shelter work and is often very busy and may not be able to return your call immediately.
- The best way to contact us about an animal you see on petfinder is to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. or you may email our petfinder site manager at email@example.com. Both of these email addresses are checked multiple times and a day and we will get back with you ASAP.
Contact Winnsboro Dog Pound