If you see a pet listed and there is no photo, please email or call me and I will be glad to email the pictures to you.
Columbia Magazine has asked me to write a column called "Happy Tails". It appears on Sundays and I've been writing stories about dogs that have been adopted from the rescue. Please visit: http://www.columbiamagazine.com to read the stories and see photos.
If you have adopted a dog from us and would like to see your story in Happy Tails please contact me.
Sugarfoot Farm Rescue have all dogs vaccinated, wormed, and spayed or neutered prior to adoption. We feed out 100 pounds of dog food a day. Emergencies happen and this causes unplanned expenses. Donations are appreciated. You can make checks out to: Sugarfoot Farm Rescue, Inc. and mail to: 860 Sparksville Rd., Columbia, KY 42728 or donated through PayPal with a click of the button.
This month we have a special request. A senior Golden Retriever was found with a cable embedded into her leg. The wound went all the way to the bone. I took her to the vet, fearing she might lose her leg, but Dr. King, from the Red Barn Vet, has been able to save the leg so far. She has been there for almost two weeks as of today, May 6. If you can make a donation towards "Pumpkin's" vet bill please click on the "Pay Pal" button or mails donations to: Red Barn Vet Service, 320 Conover Lane, Columbia, KY 42728 and designate that it is for Pumpkin's bill.
Once she can be released she will be going to Golden Hugs to recuperate and then be adopted.
1. I agree to provide my dog with proper food, fresh clean water, appropriate safe shelter, adequate protection from heat and cold, and kind treatment at all time.
2. I agree to provide my dog with annual vet checks, vaccinations, and proper medical treatments of illnesses and injuries at my own expense.
3. I agree that I will purchase my dog a dog license for the county in which I reside. I will obtain a rabies tag, as required by state and l
ocal law. I also agree to abide by all local and state laws regarding animal control.
4. If at any time I cannot keep my dog, I will return it to Sugarfoot Farm Rescue and will not give it away or otherwise dispose of it.
5. I agree not to allow my dog to be used for medical or other experimental usage.
6. I understand and agree to all the above requirements and obligations for adopting my dog.
We are located off of the Louie Nunn parkway, exit 46. Take route 61 south for approximately 5 miles.
At the top of the hill you will see route 768 on the left - Sparksville Road. We are 8/10's of a mile down on the left. You can't miss us.
You'll see the horses in the field and a sign that says "Sugarfoot Farm". The welcome mat is always out!
Sugarfoot Farm Rescue, Inc.
860 Sparksville Rd
Columbia, KY 42728
Phone: 270-378-4521 Cell 270-634-4675
Visit us on the web: SugarfootFarm.com
Our website is presently under reconstruction. Be looking for the new website soon.
Facebook: SugarfootFarm [horses]