The Angel Fund exists to help animals in our care who need critical medical care to get them healthy and back into adoptable condition. Our Angel Fund is running low. If you're looking to spread a little love to our shelter click the link below. Select the Angel Fund donate button and that links you to Paypal checkout which will automatically place your donation in any dollar amount into our Angel Fund.
*Check out our Amazon Wish List
*Check out our online store for gifts for your family and friends!
Donate Wishlist items
• 9 volt batteries
• Disinfectant spray such as Lysol
• Hand sanitizer
• Dish detergent
• Tall kitchen trash bags
• Paper towels
• Toilet paper
• Dust pans with hand held brushes
• Postage stamps
• Address labels- white 1" x 2 5/8"
• Black HP4250 Toner Cartridges
• White & color copy paper
Cat & Dog Needs
• Dog poop scoops - URGENT NEED
• Box lids from copy paper cases (for disposable litter boxes) - URGENT NEED
• Heavy weight paper bowls for medication - URGENT NEED
• Ziplock plastic bags - quart size
• Red & green duct tape
• 4” x 4” gauze pads
• Screw on cage food & water bowls
• Interactive dog and cat toys
• Kitty litter scoops
• Disposable cat scratchers
• Litter box deodorizer
• Non-scoopable clay litter (unscented)
• Covered cat play houses (no carpeting)
• Kitty condos
• Cat muzzles
• Kitty Kongs
• Martingale-style collars (medium & large sizes)
• Kennel slipleads
• Stainless steel pet pails
• Double end snap clips for our kennel gates
• Made in the USA rawhide chews
• Gift cards to PETCO, PetSmart, Pet Supplies Plus, Green DogGoods, & Tractor Supply
Our Cat & Dog Food
We feed our dogs and cats the following food while in our care.
• 4health Cat & Kitten Food - available at Tracter Supply
• Purina One Smart Blend Healthy Puppy Formula
• Purina One Smart Blend Dog Food Adult Chicken & Rice Formula
• Purina One Smart Blend Dog Food Adult Lamb & Rice Formula
• Purina One Smart Blend Dog Food Small Bites Beef & Rice Formula
• Canned wet food - any brand dog or cat food
For Our Community Pet Food Donation program
• Dog and cat food, dry or canned
• Brown paper sacks (grocery store size)
• Aluminum cans, cell phones, laptops, iPods, empty ink & toner cartridges
• New and used books, CDs and DVDs in their original cases.
Box up your new and used books, CDs and DVDs in their original cases and bring them to the shelter. We are paid by a local buyer for your books! Help raise money for us while you reclaim valuable storage space.
* We do not take comforters. (Some of our dogs like to chew the stuffing out of them.)
Donations may be dropped off during our regular business hours.
*Click here to learn about the different ways to help
*Want to join us at one of our events? Click here.
The Allen County SPCA has been providing a safe haven for homeless cats and dogs in Northeast Indiana for more than 60 years. Our animals come to us from a variety of circumstances and require attention from the moment they arrive. Operating without any financial support from the government, the Allen County SPCA survives through the generosity of pet lovers in our community who wish to help dogs and cats in need.
Our organization provides a safe haven for stray and surrendered cats and dogs in our community until they find their permanent homes. Our limited intake facility offers an effective and comprehensive adoption program which places hundreds of dogs and cats into loving homes. While in our care, we provide medical and rehabilitation services as necessary to give the animals the best opportunity for adoption.
In addition, to deepen the impact of our organization and its reach, we offer additional services such as a weekly pet food bank open to those pet owners in need throughout our community. Our community pet food bank is open on Thursdays from the time we open with distribution ending 30 minutes before we close when we have food available. An I.D. with proof of current address will need to be provided and proof that your pet(s) are spayed or neutered. Recipients are allowed one visit in 5 weeks.
The Allen County SPCA will promote the prevention of cruelty to animals by providing a safe haven for animals, an effective and comprehensive adoption program, education and outreach programs for the community and deep and broad membership and volunteer programs.
TRANSFER OF AT RISK ANIMALS: The overpopulation of pets is a real challenge. Municipal shelters around our community are overcrowded with animals and are forced to euthanize many. We work with these shelters and with other rescues to bring in animals they do not have the room to keep and put them into our adoption program.
OWNER SURRENDER: Some of our companion animals are family pets given up by their owners due to circumstances beyond their control. Some have been abandoned here at the shelter and others have been found by thoughtful members of our community and brought to us for a second chance at a happy home.
The animals in our adoption program remain in our care or the care of a foster family until they find a forever home. Occasionally, we do humanely euthanize animals with incurable illnesses or severe aggression, but never for population control.
Yes! Anyone with an approved application can adopt one of our animals.
Located on the south side of Fort Wayne.
Directions from Route 27/Lafayette Street. Turn east onto Pettit Street, at next stoplight turn south onto Hanna Street. The Allen County SPCA is located on the right.
Allen County SPCA
4914 Hanna Street
Fort Wayne, IN 46806
Hours: Tuesday - Friday: 11am-6pm
Saturday & Sunday: 12pm-4pm