OUR WISH LIST.... Kitten food (wet or dry), Adult cat food (wet or dry), Puppy food (wet or dry), Adult dog food (wet or dry), Bleach, Dawn dish soap, Hand sanitizer, Hand soap, Food/Water bowls (dog and cat), Clorox wipes, Blankets, Towels, Cat toys, Dog toys, Cat treats, Dog treats, Stamps, Envelopes, Printer paper, Office supplies, Leashes, Collars, Kitty litter, Litter boxes, Brooms, Mops, Kennels (dog or cat), Cages (dog or cat), Dust pans, Paper towel, Straw, etc... We sure appreciate the way all of your donations help keep our doors open and thank you for all that you do for us and the animals!!! .
We are an animal control facility who also helps animals that are being neglected or abused. We have an adoption program for cats and dogs. We depend upon donations for the shelter operations. Because there are only TWO full time and ONE part-time people working here it may take us awhile to get back to you. Please hang in there. If there is someone who would like to volunteer to help clean from 8:00am to 11:00am that would be great!! We will post ALL that we know about each animal on petfinder at our home page. Adopters must bring their Veterinarian records for the animals now living in the home or records of previously owned pets with them to our shelter when they are ready to adopt.
All adopters must be over the age of 18 and acknowledge receipt from the Wabash County Animal Shelter the listed animal. You further agree to the following stipulations:
1. To provide food, water, shelter and medical care.
2. Not to neglect or abuse the animal or allow others to do so
3. Not to allow the animal to live on a chain.
4. Not to sell, trade, abandon, release for any experimental purpose whatsoever, nor dispose of said animal in any manner. Should you at any time wish to relinquish ownership, you agree to return the animal to the Wabash County Animal Shelter.
5. To have said animal STERILIZED and proof of RABIES VERIFICATION. State Law requires Rabies Vaccination be given at (3) three months of age.
6. To notify the Animal Shelter, within (10) ten days if circumstances make it impossible to meet each and every term of this adoption agreement.
7. To comply with all applicable laws and ordinances, leash law and animal welfare laws.
8. You further agree to pay any and all reasonable attorney fees and /or other costs associated with inquires into compliance with this Adoption Agreement or any other actions brought in an effort to enforce the terms hereof.
You further agree that the Wabash County Animal Shelter may examine and inquire about the animal at any time and that you will cooperate with those examinations and inquires. If the Wabash County Animal Shelter is not satisfied with conditions, the animal may be reclaimed by the Wabash County Animal Shelter without refund.
Animals adopted from the Wabash County Animal Shelter have no warranty nor are they guaranteed as to age, health, personality or otherwise. The Shelter does not knowingly offer diseased animals for adoption. If your Veterinarian finds the animal to be ill within (7) seven days of adoption, return the animal to the Shelter along with a statement from your Veterinarian, you will also need to bring your adoption receipt and certificate in order to receive a refund.
Failure to comply may subject you to civil and other penalties, in accordance with all applicable laws and ordinances. Compliance of this agreement is YOUR sole RESPONSIBILITY!!!!
Your Veterinarian may fax or mail your proof to the shelter Fax number and our address will be on your adoption certificate.
Tuesday:11:00 am - 7:00 pm
Wednesday:11:00 am - 5 :00 pm
Thursday:11:00am - 7:00pm
Friday:11:00am - 5:00pm
Saturday:9:00am - 12:00 pm
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Our fees are as follows, cats: $25.00 ~ dogs: $25.00.
Sorry, no online applications accepted at this time.
WE WOULD LOVE TO MEET YOU!
We are about 1 hour South West of Fort Wayne, and around 2 hours North of Indianapolis. We are 1/2 mile south of US 24, on St Rd 13 (Manchester Ave) in Wabash.
Wabash County Animal Shelter
810 Manchester Ave.
Wabash, Ind. 46992
Click here for a list of pets at this shelter