Check out our website!
"Making A Difference Rescue" is a 100% volunteer run, 501c3 non-profit organization, registered with the State of Illinois and licensed by the State of Illinois Department of Agriculture Bureau of Animal Health and Welfare.
Because we are a 501c3 charitable organization, all donations are tax deductible.
Financial support and/or supplies that can be donated are always greatly appreciated.
We do not have any paid staff.
100% of all donations go toward the care and vetting of our animals.
We do not have a facility and rely solely on the kindness and good hearts of fosters.
Making A Difference Rescue is made up of a group of volunteers that are dedicated to placing, rehabbing, abandoned and at-risk animals into pre-approved, reference checked homes. Home checks and meet and greets with all family members including animals are crucial in order to ensure proper fit of lifestyle and needs of both humans and animals. We believe that these steps are crucial to ensure a safe and forever loving home and helps keep shelter populations down.
Suppliesthat can be donated is always greatly appreciated.
Please shop through our Amazon store
or indicate Making A Difference Rescue as your charity of choice.
Your everyday purchases can help make a difference in a rescued animals life.
If you would like to sponsor an animal, or donate to help our rescue, please use the link below.
We greatly appreciate it.
Every dog that is adopted through Making A Difference Rescue is fully vetted with age appropriate recommended immunizations, spayed/ neutered, fecal tested, heart worm tested, micro-chipped and given heart worm and flea/tick prevention meds, prior to adoption.
Cats are are spayed/ neutered,micro-chipped, and fully vetted with age appropriate vaccinations and tested for FLV.
A screening process & home evaluation is required before any animal is placed into a home.
We do this to ensure that our animals will go to safe forever homes. Due to distance and travel time, we do not adopt our animals to individuals or families out of state. We ask that you please call and inquire whether we are able to travel to your area.
When inquiring about an animal please fill out our adoption survey
This will expedite your inquiry as we are not able to return phone calls or emails M-F until after 7pm due to our own work and family schedules.
All adoptive families are required to sign a binding contract forbidding sale, transfer, or relinquishment of any pet adopted through our rescue to a shelter.
* You are a loving and pet-ready person already considering adoption or foster, preferably with minimal pets (all altered), that will pass a home visit.
* You live in a building or home that allows pets and can provide proof, when requested.
* All members of your home over the age of 18 are willing to be present and will sign that they they acknowledge and agree that this animal will be taken in their home.
* This is a knee-jerk response or impulse decision because you want the animal to live.
* If you are not local to the Channahon or Chicago area. We can only adopt or foster locally (home checks)
* If you have several pets already or pets that do best in single- pet homes
* If you have a home with unaltered/unspayed dogs/ cats.
* Share! It saves lives. Tell your friends who may be local to as well.
* Spay and Neuter your pets to help prevent shelter over-crowding and homeless animals.
Making A Difference Rescue makes every effort to monitor all posts and comments on our fan page, however we cannot catch everything.
Making A Difference Rescue accepts no liability for anything posted to this fan page that may be deemed offensive, inappropriate, incorrect, or otherwise.
Making A Difference Rescue shall be entitled to remove and permanently delete any comments, posts, messages, re-posts, photographs, or anything else as we see fit .**
Become a voice for the animals, volunteer with our rescue & together we can "Make A Difference"!!
Please bare with us as we are only able to respond to emails after serving our non volunteer related work and family schedules.
Click here for a list of pets at this shelter