Thank You for Visiting the Pet Rescue North Home Page on Petfinder.com
(Note - the video link will take you to a YouTube page . . . click your browser's back button to return to this page)
Our Pet of the Month is Aryana
Aryana, a gorgeous, 7-8 year old, female, chocolate and white, German Shepherd and Pit Bull Terrier mix is desperately seeking a forever family that will love her and who she can love in return.
Through no fault of her own, Aryana has been pushed from pillar to post, before ending up in our shelter.
She was originally in a family home, but the family moved, leaving Aryana behind and telling the new occupants that they no longer wanted her. The new occupants cared for Aryana as best they could while trying to find a forever home for her, a caring home where she would be safe, but eventually they also had to move and that is when they approached Pet Rescue North for help.
We were able to find a foster home for Aryana where we received a stream of glowing reports: She's doing amazing; We socialize her every day with other dogs, and although she's not a huge fan of other female dogs, she's been doing so much better socially with them; She's learning to lay down and stay now, and also not to bark at strangers on her walks (she's got a loud, scary bark); Life with her is so easy; a gentle, loving, family dog!
Then Aryana made her one mistake: she growled at the two-year old child of the foster. We are not sure why this happened or what provoked it, and her former caretakers were shocked when they heard of the growling incident because Aryana had always been easygoing and loveable. But, because of this incident, we were forced to find room for her at our shelter.
Aryana quickly becomes very loyal and protective of her family, but never in an aggressive way. She has learned some basic obedience commands, and loves playing fetch or playing with squeaky toys. As mentioned above, she is wary of other female dogs and it was also reported that she does not enjoy the company of puppies because they are rowdy and jump on her, but once she becomes familiar with females or the puppies calm down, Aryana relaxes. Her relationship with cats is unknown at this time.
Aryana was spayed recently, is up to date on her shots and is heartworm free.
You can find adoption details for Aryana here
To qualify to adopt Aryana you must live in the Jacksonville area, have a fenced yard and be able to provide PRN with a vet reference. No exceptions. If you can give Aryana the home she deserves please contact Pet Rescue North!
YOU MUST HAVE A FENCED YARD TO ADOPT FROM PET RESCUE NORTH.
Please contact us at email@example.com to request an application, and one will be emailed to you.
You can contribute to Pet Rescue North, Inc. through the United Way and the Combined Federal Campaign. To designate your pledge submit Pet Rescue North, Inc. #3038.
WE ARE IN URGENT NEED OF FOSTER HOMES! If you might be interested in fostering a dog for 2 weeks to 2 months so that the animal can live inside a home while waiting to be adopted, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask us how you can become a foster pet parent!
Who We Are
Pet Rescue North is a non-profit, no-kill animal shelter. Pet Rescue North, Inc. opened their doors in 1992 to abandoned, abused, and starving animals. Pet Rescue North exists through donations of money, food, and any other shelter supplies. All are gratefully appreciated. The ultimate goal is to place all our animals in forever homes. When animals come into Pet Rescue North they are examined by our veterinarian. All animals are spayed or neutered. They are brought up-to-date on all their vaccinations. They are tested for heartworms, and if they are positive, treatment is provided. Our goal is to never release a sick or injured animal.
Adopting a Friend
You may request an application to be sent to you by emailing us at email@example.com.
An ADOPTION FEE of $110.00 will be charged to cover medical expenses while the animals are under the care of Pet Rescue North. This fee will cover the following medical treatment: spaying or neutering (ALL ANIMALS MUST BE SPAYED OR NEUTERED. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS!!!); heartworm check; one DHLPP-CV shot; initial treatment of heartworm preventative program; initial treatment of flea and tick preventative program; fecal exam to check for hookworms, roundworms or whipworms (if positive, the animal will be wormed). All medical care provided shall be performed ONLY by the veterinarians servicing the shelter.
Appointments for meeting our animals and for adoptions must be made by calling Peggy at 904-477-1000. ** NO CALLS WILL BE TAKEN OR RETURNED AFTER 8:00 P.M.**
A few of the general guidelines that make up the Pet Rescue North (PRN) Adoption Policy are provided below. While, as they say, there is an exception to every rule, these guidelines are standard for no-kill shelters and are used for deciding suitability of a potential adopter:
- *ALL ADOPTION APPLICANTS MUST BE INTERVIEWED AND APPROVED.* The interview questions are not intended to be insulting or seem unfeeling. We simply must make sure our animals will never again be abandoned, mistreated, or neglected!
- PRN reserves the right to deny person(s) who does not meet PRN's specified adoption policies.
- Applicant must be 18 years of age or older in order to adopt.
- Applicant must have valid identification, with name and present address (driver's license, major credit card, or a current utility bill).
- If single and living at home with parents, one parent MUST be present or reached by telephone at the time of adoption. The person who will be responsible for the pet MUST be 18 years of age or older. The person who is going to be responsible for the pet must be present at the time of adoption in order to sign the Adoption Agreement.
- No animal will be tied up, kept outside in a doghouse, pen, run, or kennel, or any type of garage, shed, laundry room, or basement.
- Animals are expected to be part of the family.
- No dormitory or group living situations, i.e., schools, group housing, etc., are permitted.
- Landlords or rental agents will be called to verify pets are allowed.
- NO LARGE DOGS TO APARTMENTS! The only exception may be owner surrenders advertised on Petfinder.com through our organization, animals who are evaluated and adopted as service animals in training, or those animals already trained for service work.
- Present and past pet history must be verified, including a veterinary reference. WE WILL NOT ADOPT TO ANYONE WHO DOES NOT HAVE A VETERINARY REFERENCE.
- Adopter must have a working business telephone number.
- Adopter must reside within 50 miles of Jacksonville, FL.
If you need to find a new home for your animal, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteering and Donations
Volunteers and donations,--whether money, food, or any pet supplies--are always welcomed and accepted. If you would like to donate a dog bed to our shelter animals, please visit this link to view >Kuranda Beds - our animals would be most appreciative!
Pet Rescue North, Inc.
P.O. Box 28574
Jacksonville, FL 32226-8574
Phone: 904-477-1000 (adoptions)
[Home] [Information] [Shelters] [Search]