The adoption fee for an adult cat is $25.00 and kittens are $65.00. The adoption fee for small dogs weighing 25 pounds or less is $130.00
The adoption fee for an adult dog over 25 pounds is $90.00. Puppies are $130.00 and a senior dog is $72.00. The adoption fee includes vaccinations, micro-chipping and spay or neuter. You can see all the wonderful pets currently at Roice-Hurst Humane Society on our website at www.RHhumaneSociety.com
We offer Volunteer Orientation classes, adoption classes, and dog walking classes twice a month. See our Event Schedule on our website at www.RHhumaneSociety.com
It's getting cold out side! Protect your pets, here is some advise:
* Do not leave your pets outside when the temperature drops, short haired, very young or old dogs and cats should never be left outdoors.
* An outdoor dog must be protected by a dry draft free dog house that is large enough to allow the dog to sit and laydown comfortably, but small enough to hold in its body heat, with the floor raised a few inches off the ground and covered with cedar shavings, face the doghouse away from the wind and provide a flap for the door, out door dogs need more food in the winter because keeping warm depletes energy, Be sure to check water bowls make sure that water is fresh and not frozen.
* Warm engines in parked cars attracts cats. to avoid their injury, bang on your car hood to scare them away before starting the engine.
* Salt and chemicals used to melt ice and snow can burn the pads of your pets feet. Wipe them with a damp towel before animals lick them and burn their mouths. Antifreeze tasts sweet but is toxic to pets (and Childern)! Wipe up any spills and store all houshold chemicals out of reach.
* Dry heat can dry out a cat's or dog's coat and skin, A small amount of vegetable oil in their food will help keep them soft.
Who We Are
We are a non - profit, "No Kill" animal shelter that is dedicated to giving dogs and cats, puppys and kittens a second chance at a good, loving life. We are the place where love takes over. We are located in a small bedroom community of Grand Junction, Colorado, about half way between Denver and Salt Lake City.
Adopting a friend
To adopt an animal from us there is an application that is to be filled out, our adoption fees vary by age for dogs and for cats.This fee includes the spay/neuter, first set of shots (rabies if they are old enough), hart worm test for dogs 6 months and older, leukemia test for cats 4 months and older and a free pet exam.
Our hours are Monday, and Wed. through Sat. 10:30am to 5:30pm. Sundays 1:00pm to 4:00pm. We are closed on Tuesdays.