Adopting A Friend
For information on our adoptable animals and programs and services, visit www.sdhumane.org.
Who We Are
Serving San Diego County since 1880, the San Diego Humane Society and SPCA provides vital services to animals and people alike.
With campuses in central San Diego, Escondido, and Oceanside, the San Diego Humane Society and SPCA’s programs include:
- sheltering and adopting animals
- investigating animal cruelty and neglect
- rescuing animals in emergency situations
- positive reinforcement behavior training through public training classes
- providing adult and youth education programs
- sharing animals through pet-assisted therapy and more.
- in Oceanside and Vista, the San Diego Humane Society North Campus provides animal control and stray pet services for the public
- A private nonprofit organization that receives no government grant funding, the San Diego Humane Society and SPCA is supported solely by contributions, grants, bequests, investments, proceeds from its retail outlets and some fees for service.
Our Vision-To Inspire and Engage the Community to End Animal Suffering.
Our Mission-To promote the humane treatment of animals, to prevent cruelty to animals, and provide education to enhance the human-animal bond.
Humane Society Programs and Services Include:
- Comprehensive Medical & Behavioral Services for Humane Society Animals
- On-Site and Mobile Adoptions
- (All come with spay/neuter, microchips, shots, health & behavioral tested, etc.)
- Intake of Owner-Relinquished Pets & Pets from other Shelters
- Spay/Neuter services
- Vaccine clinics
- Foster Care Program
- Owner Requested Euthanasia (For terminally ill or suffering animals.)
- Pet Loss Support Group
- Pet-Assisted Therapy
- Animal Cruelty and Neglect Investigations
- Animal Rescue Reserve
- Behavior Helpline & Private Behavioral Consultations
- Behavior & Training Classes
- Educational Programs for Youth & Adults
- Scout Programs
- Campus Tours
- Animal Adventure Camp
Come Visit Us
The San Diego Humane Society and SPCA has 6 locations where you can adopt animals in San Diego, Escondido, Oceanside, and El Cajon. www.sdhumane.org
Contact San Diego Humane Society and SPCA