Echo Park Animal Alliance
Who We Are
The Echo Park Animal Alliance is a 501(c)(3) animal welfare organization. Our mission is to promote responsible care of companion animals within the Echo Park community through advocacy, assistance and education.
The EPAA serves as a resource - providing education, counseling and referrals. Through our large on-line network, we help pet guardians locate their lost animals, place unwanted and abandoned pets in loving, permanent homes, and in some cases, provide local pet guardians unable to meet the medical or health needs of their animals with financial assistance.
Adopting a friend
All of our rescued animals are spayed or neutered, fully vaccinated and microchipped prior to placement. Most of our animals are in private foster homes, so we are able to supply detailed information about their behavior, energy level, house manners, etc.
Our goal is to place each and every animal into a loving home that is best-suited to their individual needs. We strive to ensure that each and every placement lasts a lifetime.
STEPS TO ADOPT:
1. QUESTIONNAIRE: Our adoption procedure begins with a questionnaire, allowing us to learn about a potential adopter and their household. The questionnaire will be emailed to you upon request. Our email address is: email@example.com . Our phone line is for emergencies only, and we will NOT return any phone calls about our animals for adoption.
2. PHONE INTERVIEW: Upon review and approval of your questionnaire by our adoption committee, one of our volunteers will call you for a phone interview. Those applicants not meeting our criteria will receive a denial by email.
3. MEET & GREET: We require all members of the household to be involved in this important step. Additionally, any resident dog(s) must be present at this meeting to eliminate any unforeseen conflicts. We never adopt animals to be given as gifts or surprises, so please don't ask.
4. HOME CHECK: One of our volunteers will conduct a home visit to insure a safe, escape-proof environment for any dog you wish to adopt.
5. DELIVERY: We deliver all of our dogs in-person. At this time, we will complete all paperwork, including an adoption agreement. We request a minimum donation of $100 for cats and kittens, $150 for adult dogs, $200 for puppies, although you may give more if you are able! This donation should not be viewed as payment for an individual animal, as the money goes directly towards the care and placement of other animals in our care.
The Echo Park Animal Alliance is supported entirely by individual donations. We receive no corporate or government funding, and our cost to rescue, vet, feed, board and place each dog or cat far exceeds $150. The Echo Park Animal Alliance can only continue its important work with your generous support!
** PLEASE NOTE: Our policy is to adopt animals within reasonable driving distance of the Los Angeles area, ONLY. We absolutely will NOT ship our animals out-of-state, so please don't ask!**
Come Visit Us!
Visit our website at: http://www.echoparkanimalalliance.org
Echo Park Animal Alliance
P.O. Box 26010
Los Angeles, CA 90026
Phone: 323-860-DAWG. Please note: this is a referral/help line ONLY. Calls about our animals for adoption will NOT be returned.
Click here for a list of pets at this shelter
[Home] [Information] [Shelters] [Search]