Forte Animal Rescue
Forte Animal Rescue is an all-volunteer 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to finding solutions for the problem of pet overpopulation.
- Function as a “hub” for the rescue community in order to help each other. We believe this is necessary in helping the rescue community to achieve its common goal of saving the lives of as many animals as possible.
- Stop people from taking their animals to the pound through our Outreach Program, by advising them of possible solutions, introducing them to appropriate trainers for their specific problems, or assisting them in finding new homes for their pets through our Adoption Program.
- Serve as a liaison between animals and the general public. Our new educational program will help improve pet-people relations and understanding of responsibilities. This is especially important because lack of such knowledge is one of the direct causes of abandonment of companion animals.
To create a network for the rescue community, and cultivate the human-animal bond through educational activities.
Adopting A Friend
All potential adopters are carefully screened through our adoption process:
- If you're interested in an animal, we'll ask that you fill out a questionnaire, which we will review to ensure you and the dog you are interested in adopting are a good match.
- You will be asked to submit to a "house-check" to determine the level of safety and adequacy of the area for the dog.
- An adoption fee is required and you must sign the adoption contract agreement, which ensures that if, for any reason, you are unable to keep the dog, he/she to be returned to Forte Animal Rescue only.
- Finally, we personally deliver your new family member to your home.
- Any additional donation would be greatly appreciated, and this portion will be tax-deductible. The donation goes to pay for all of the other animals in our care, many of which come to us with injuries or medical conditions that require treatment. Forte Animal Rescue survives solely on donations and it is for this reason that the adoption fee is nonnegotiable.
- Forte Animal Rescue reserves the right to cancel the adoption process at any time if the home situation or adoptive family has been misrepresented, if certain information was withheld, or if the dog is determined to be a better match with another family.
How You Can Help!
- You can foster our dogs.
- You can become a Sponsor for a particular dog to cover all his/her expense until we find a home for the particular pooch of your choice.
- You can send a general donation: http://www.FARescue.org/donate.html
There are many other ways to help us help the animals. If you are interested in volunteering with Forte Animal Rescue, please contact us at volunteer@FARescue.org
We Value Your Support!
As a nonprofit organization managed by volunteers, Forte Animal Rescue relies solely on donations and support from the community at large for its continued operations. All donations are tax deductible and 100% of your donation directly benefits the animals.
Forte Animal Rescue
PO Box 10085
Marina del Rey, CA 90295
Phone/Fax: (310) 362-0321
Click here for a list of pets at this shelter
[Home] [Information] [Shelters] [Search]