Please visit our website at www.animalsave.org for all the latest information.
Who We Are
AnimalSave provides comprehensive animal welfare services to western Nevada County and works to ensure that every companion animal in our community has a safe and loving home. Our services address the immediate, urgent needs of homeless animals and the pets of low-income guardians, as well as the long-term issues of spay/neuter and education. We have found homes for more than 1,000 homeless pets, and last year we spayed or neutered nearly 900 animals. Our programs include:
- Foster Adoption: AnimalSave takes in strays and unwanted pets from the community and provides foster homes, spay-neuter surgery, medical care, training, and other services while working to find "forever homes" for each special dog and cat in its care.
- Cat Nap Adoption Room: Located within the AnimalSave Thrift and Treasures Store, this "mini-shelter" houses 10 to 15 rescued cats and kittens at any one time. Due to its high visibility and accessibility, cats housed in the Cat Nap Adoption Room quickly find permanent homes.
- Low-Cost Mobile Spay/Neuter Clinic: AnimalSave operates a low cost mobile clinic for the spaying and neutering and vaccinating of the animals of Nevada County and neighboring communities. For individuals who meet low-income guidelines AnimalSave provides an effective source for spay/neuter and vaccinations.
- Feral Cat Trap/Neuter/Return (TNR) Program: AnimalSave provides traps, instructions, spay and neuter surgeries, recuperation, vaccinations, medical care, food, and ongoing support to people kind enough to care for these unsocialized cats. This humane method is a very effective way of dealing with ferals.
- Barn Cat Program: AnimalSave helps re-home feral cats that would otherwise be killed or left without food or shelter.
Adopting a friend
Please call (530) 271-7071 Ext. 206 if you are interested in adopting one of our available pets.