Once we receive your completed application (applications that are not completely filled in will not be accepted), if approved (or we just need more information) we will contact you by phone or email to discuss your application, if not approved we will send you an email. There may be more than one application approved on a single dog.
If the dog sounds like a good match for your family we will set up a time for the whole family to meet the dog, usually in Vacaville. Everyone living in the home must meet the dog.
The next step is then a home inspection at your home. For this reason we usually only adopt to homes within a 50 mile radius of Vacaville. Email us if you are further than that radius. No out of state adoptions!
Once you pass with flying colors we then set up a time to do the adoption, usually in Vacaville. We will complete this process as quickly as possible, please note that we are all volunteers and do have regular jobs.
4 Paws charges an adoption fee for each dog that helps to cover spay/neuter surgery, shots and other medical care given before the dog is made available for adoption. All of our dogs are spayed/neutered, microchipped and have their current vaccinations.
If you previously adopted a dog or cat from 4 Paws and need to rehome the animal please email us at
firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to accomodate you with the return of your pet.
PLEASE DO NOT TAKE 4 PAWS PETS TO ANY SHELTER UNLESS YOU HAVE TALKED TO US AND WE CANNOT ASSIST YOU!
ALL ANIMALS MUST BE SPAYED OR NEUTERED IN ORDER TO BE PLACED ON THIS SITE! NO EXCEPTIONS!
1. Up to 3 good quality photos of the pet. Email in jpeg format.
2. A bio on the pet. See examples at www.petfinder.com. Important things to make sure are on the bio; Do you want an age limit on children, pets age, housebroken, get along with other pets (dogs & cats), is animal up to date on vaccines. Size, (sm. Med. or lg.), the animal’s weight.
3. A phone number and or an email address where people can contact you if they are interested in the pet you are posting.
4. Charge an adoption fee for the pet you are posting. No free pet postings will be accepted. (You can donate your adoption fee to 4 Paws).
5. BE HONEST! Don’t hide anything about your pet. Sooner or later the adopter will figure it out and the pet may wind up in the shelter and euthanized!
Below are options if you cannot keep the animal long enough to find a home:
Solano County SPCA in Vacaville **This is a no kill shelter 707-448-7722 – This shelter is only open Wednesday – Sunday
Solano County Animal Shelter **This is a KILL shelter! This should be your last option. 707-421-7486
FOR FERAL CATS please call the feral cat help line at 707-421-5515
SOME OF THE PETS ON THIS SITE ARE COURTESY POSTS. 4 PAWS PET RESCUE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT OTHER PETS POSTED ON THIS SITE THAT ARE OWNED BY OTHER INDIVIDUALS OR RESCUES. THESE ANIMALS ARE CLEARLY MARKED.