Inland Valley Humane Society S.P.C.A.
Who We Are
Established in 1949, the Inland Valley Humane Society is a private, non-profit, full-access animal shelter. It's a safe refuge; providing food, veterinary care and attention to those voiceless animals within the community(s) that need it most, regardless of the animals health, temperament, breed or age.
The Inland Valley Humane Society is dedicated to providing protection, shelter and medical care to unwanted, abandoned, and injured animals, preventing cruelty and educating the public about its responsibility for all living creatures.
IVHS provides animal welfare services to the cities of Chino, Chino Hills, Claremont, Diamond Bar, Glendora, La Verne, Montclair, Monrovia, Mt. Baldy, Mt. San Antonio Heights, Ontario, Pomona, and San Dimas. For more information about Full Access Shelters, click here.
Adopting a friend
The Inland Valley Humane Society's mission is to place all adoptable animals into permanent, loving homes. Here are a few simple, but necessary steps to adopt a pet at the Inland Valley Humane Society.
Adoption hours are:
10:00 - 5:30 Monday through Saturday
10:00 - 7:00 Wednesday
* An approved adoption application is required before any adoption can take place. One will be given to you to complete after you have found a pet you may want to adopt.
* Allow extra time for the adoption process. This is a 'Companion for Life' and should not be taken lightly. Every precaution is being taken to help you make the right choice for your new family member.
* A short interview with the adoption counselor may be required before any adoption is approved.
* A health exam by our staff veterinarian is required before any adoption is approved. All approved adoptions appear healthy with no visible signs of illness at the time of adoption.
* Adoptions begin at 10:00 a.m. If you have a specific pet you are interested in, make sure to arrive around 9:45 a.m. on the day it becomes available to fill out the adoption application. Be aware that more than one person may be interested in the same pet. In these cases, there will be a drawing for all approved applications. This ensures fairness to all approved interested parties.
* If you have children or other pets at home, it may be required to bring them in for a socialization session to ensure everyone gets along. Make sure your pet at home is current on all its vaccinations before bringing it into the shelter.
* Be aware that adoptions are denied at times for various reasons. That may simply mean looking for a different type of pet than the one chosen. IVHS is trying to make sure both the new pet and the new owners are compatible.
Age, breed or sex does not make a difference in the adoption fees
* Unaltered Dogs: $145
* Unaltered Cats: $120
* Altered Dogs: $120
* Altered Cats: $95
* The adoption fee for miscellaneous animals, such as rabbits, guinea pigs, chickens and other animals, such as livestock, varies.
For Dog and Cat Adoptions, the fees include the following:
* First set of shots (5-in-1 for dogs and FVRCP for cats)
* Spay or Neuter
* Rabies Vaccination
* Two weeks follow-up care
Come and "Find your Somebuddy" from the Inland Valley Humane Society & S.P.C.A.
Come Visit Us!
The Inland Valley Humane Society is located at 500 Humane Way, Pomona, CA, 91766.
From the 60 Freeway:
Exit Highway 71. Go north approximately 3 miles. Turn left on Mission Blvd. Go west approximately 1/4 mile. Turn right onto Humane Way.
From Interstate 10:
Exit at Fairplex. Go south approximately 1 mile. Turn right on Holt Blvd. Go west 1 block. Turn left onto Humane Way. Go south approximately 1/4 mile.
From the 57 Freeway:
Exit at Temple. Go south approximately 1/4 mile. Turn left on Mission Blvd. Go east approximately 1 mile. Turn left onto Humane Way.
Inland Valley Humane Society S.P.C.A.
500 Humane Way
Pomona, CA 91766
Click here for a list of pets at this shelter