Senior dogs cost so much more to rescue than their younger counterparts due to age related medical conditions. Some have suffered many years of neglect which has caused advanced health problems. The higher cost of vetting seniors poses a heavy financial burden and, therefore, fundraising events (as well as donations) are our life blood in continuing in our mission to save lives.
Stay tuned for updates on our current fundraising efforts to find out how you can get involved and save our seniors.
In addition, we believe that education is key in learning how to care for your aging pet. We will be doing community educational workshops throughout the Central Valley in an effort to accomplish this mission.
Why not visit us at our website at www.elderpawsrescue.org to find out more!
(5) Reasons Why Senior Dogs Rule
1. What you see is what you get...senior dogs are fully grown and their personality has already fully developed so you know right away if they will be a good match for you and your home.
2. Senior dogs often already know basic commands and have a more mature attention span and impulse control that makes them easier to train than their younger counterparts.
3. Senior dogs are typically already housetrained or, if not, can more easily be house trained than a younger dog with a tiny bladder. In addition, they don't dig up your yard or dig in the trash, they don't destroy your personal property (clothes, shoes, etc) and don't whine and bark excessively.
4. Senior dogs are often content to relax in your company. They make excellent nap buddies. They are excellent companies for seniors, the physically challenged (both adults and older children), and they don't wiggle, squirm or jump on you and your guests when they get excited.
5. Senior dogs are some of the hardest to find homes for...when you adopt one you are truly saving a life and will be paid back with more love and gratitude than you can ever imagine.
Please consider adoption a senior and help us in our mission to save old souls four paws at a time.
Elder Paws Senior Dog Rescue is a California 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to the prevention of euthanasia of dogs 7 and old in Central Valley kill shelters based simply on age and medical condition. We believe that all dogs have value, not just the younger ones, and that seniors especially have a lot to give and deserve a 2nd chance at life in their golden years.
We operate entirely on donations from the community so community support is critical to our being able to continue in our mission of saving old souls.
We are also in constant need of volunteers for outreach events as well as foster homes to place our seniors in. Both are critical to continuing in our mission in working with kill shelters to prevent euthanasia of senior dogs based on age and age related health conditions.
Won't you please consider either a donation of any size, volunteering, or opening your home to foster one of our seniors.
You can find out more about us at our website at www.elderpawsrescue.org. Check it out today.
We also have a Senior Dog of the Week spot on Furry Friend Fridays on 89.7 FM the Promise. Check it out Fridays at 7 am.