The various fees charged by the Animal Shelter.
current in 2011 and subject to change without notice:
Animal Turn-in FeeDogs (per litter, under 4 months):
$15.00Cats (per litter): $10.00
Dogs: $80.00 includes spay/neuter (flat fee)
Cats: $50.00 includes spay/neuter (flat fee)
(Dogs, cats, goats, etc.)
Daily Boarding Fee (from above) PLUS:
1st offense $50.00
2nd offense $100.00
3rd offense $150.00
4th offense $200.00
5th and subsequent offenses $250.00
Dog License Fee
Altered Dog 1 year: $10.00; 2 years: $18.00; 3 years: $25.00
Unaltered Dog $25.00/year
Duplicate Tag $3.00
Guide Dog No Charge with proof of identification
Law Enforcement No Charge with proof of identification
SAMMIE'S FRIENDS VISION
Control Services contact the Animal Control Division of the Sheriff’s Office
at (530) 273-2179. For emergencies
after hours, call Sheriff’s Emergency Communications at (530) 265-7880. For the Animal Shelter Office (530) 471-5041. For The Shelter Kennel Attendant (530) 471-5017. Fax (530) 477-5661
The Animal Shelter hours are Monday - Saturday 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM.
Sammie's Friends Vision
SAMMIE'S FRIENDS ORGANIZATIONAL VALUES
- A safe and caring place for neglected, abandoned, and abused animals to be cared for and rehabilitated, when necessary.
- And, adopted as quickly as possible into loving homes.
- Commitment for doing the best things for the animals.
- Sound fiscal policy
- Commitment to excellence in everything we do.
- Respect for all - animals, volunteers, staff and the public
- A high value placed on safety for the animals, volunteers, staff and the public
- Open and honest communication, focused on mutual problem solving and follow up.
- An open collaborative management style.
- Strong commitment to teamwork.
- Spay & neuter program.
- Accepting stray animals from the public
- Accepting owner surrendered animals when possible.
- Adopting homeless
- Redeeming impounded animals to owners
- Maintaining a lost animal log
- Maintaining a found animal
- Maintaining an animal want list
- Providing referral
information to other agencies and groups involved with animals
- Coordinating volunteer program
SAMMIE'S FRIENDS & NEVADA COUNTY ANIMAL SHELTER
14647 McCourtney Rd
Grass Valley, CA
office 530- 471-5041
kennel attendant 530-471-5017
Click here for a list of pets at this shelter
[Home] [Information] [Shelters] [Search]