Scroll down for Fort Smith News
Pets-Haven Animal Rescue
ADOPTION DONATIONS: ( PHAR has had to add gasoline cost to home visits and deliveries, cost depends on distance)
Adoption donations (not a price tag on the animals but the cost of our services) are based on but not limited to: breed, health, age, and sex of the animal. Adoption donations range from $65-$300. You may ask, "Why would you charge an adoption fee? Why not just place the animal into a good home?" The answer is: because we rely heavily on these donations in order to be able to take in other dogs and cats in need. Cat and dog food alone for one months runs from $600 to 1000.
A young, healthy dog may cost $100-300 in vet care, and have many homes interested in adopting him/her. An older or sick dog, or one with health issues can easily cost $500-3000+ in veterinary expenses. He/she may require months of foster care for rehabilitation or expensive surgery; yet we can only ask a minimal adoption fee. Often times these are also the same dogs who don't receive as many inquires for adopting and stay with us for many months sometimes years.
Please keep in mind that the adoption donations of younger, healthy animals help defray the higher cost of the veterinary care of older, injured or sick animals.
Please contact us!
E-mail is the best and usually quickest way. If you
do not receive an answer please, try again. Sometimes messages don't get to us.
Most of our volunteers work during the day in other jobs.
P.O. Box 10766
Fort Smith, AR 72917
Pets-Haven welcomes all new applicants, but reserves the right to refuse any applicant.
Be forever a responsible guardian of your new companion, never neglect or abandon your new friend. Remember, if you wouldn't like it, chances are your dog or cat won't like it either (food excepted).
"...for better or for worse, in sickness and in health, until death do us part."
Our Adoption Process
1. Read " Am I ready" to acknowledge that you read it and agreed.
2. Pick an animal from the adoption list that you would like to have join your family.
3. Then fill out our Pre-Adoption Application.
4. You will hear from us within 1 to 3 days.
5. You will be interviewed by phone and in your own home.
6. The chosen animal will be allowed to visit during the interview if you are in close driving distance.
7. Then after final evaluation a contract is signed for the animal's benefit.
8. The animal will then stay with his/her new family.
9. The first 3 weeks are considered a trial period during which each party has the right to annul the contract. During this period we expect the new guardians to stay in close contact with Pets Haven.
10. Of course we always love to hear from you, even years later.
Click here for a list of pets at this rescue!