Welcome to Our Website!
DID YOU KNOW?
Did you know that each day in the United States 10,000 humans are born and each day 70,000 puppies and kittens are born? That's 7 puppies and kittens born for every 1 person! As long as these birth rates exist, there will never be enough homes for all of the animals. Sadly, only 1 in 10 will find a home. As a result, millions of animals are euthanized or become victims of abuse and neglect. By supporting CCAPS, you can help us spay and neuter shelter pets to prevent these issues. Please encourage your friends of feline and canine companions to spay and/or neuter their pets. Follow us on Facebook
Columbia County Animal Protection Society is a 501 (C) 3 non-profit organization. We do not receive any state, federal, city or county funding. Our only source of income to care for the animals comes from sales and donations from the thrift store, adoption fees, and the generosity of the community.
- To provide temporary humane care, food, water, shelter, and medical attention for stray, homeless, abandoned, neglected, and abused animals in Columbia County & South Arkansas
- To find responsible, life-long homes for animals suitable for family pets
- To assure, as far as possible that the newly adopted pet will be placed in a home where it will receive adequate care and companionship as well as food, water, shelter, and veterinary care
- The sterilization of all animals adopted from the shelter
- When required, to provide euthanasia in the most humane fashion for animals judged too incapacitated to live comfortably
- To develop and promote public education programs on the ethical and humane treatment of animals
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP