SOS (Save Our Snoopies) Beagle Rescue, Inc. is a non-profit organization dedicated to the placement of abandoned and neglected beagles. SOS Beagle Rescue, Inc. was founded in New Jersey in 1991. It is a non-profit, tax-exempt, ALL VOLUNTEER organization, and was one of the first beagle rescues of its kind in the country. We now have three chapters, in New Jersey, Tennessee and Alabama.
SOS Beagle Rescue has assisted in finding loving homes for thousands of beagles, with over 1000 successful adoptions. We are not concerned with the NUMBER of beagles we adopt out every year, but the quality of the adoptions. We do our best to direct our limited resources to those areas of greatest need.
URGENT HELP NEEDED
Calling all foster mommies and daddies, WE NEED YOUR HELP! --- We can only rescue as many beagles as we can house in foster homes. There are beagles out there that need us but we can't help them without YOU. Fostering is one of the most rewarding experiences you can have. Think about what you are giving back to a dog that has been neglected or abused or is no longer wanted. You are offering love and patience that they may have never experienced before. Please help the beagles --- send an email to email@example.com for further info on how to become a foster parent or other ways that you may be able to assist us!
SOS Beagle Rescue Mission Statement
To rescue abandoned dogs from shelters and provide temporary housing for them via our foster network until such time that each may be placed in a loving, safe environment and a permanent home.
To assist owners no longer able to care for their beagles in finding new and permanent homes for them.
To provide public education and training on the beagle breed including characteristics, physical form and known breed health related issues.
To reduce pet overpopulation by spaying/neutering all beagles prior to adoption.
Adopting a friend
To adopt from us, please read the adoption guidelines below:
1. Fill out our online Application Form
2. We will acknowledge receipt of your application within 48 hours. Once you've submitted your application form, please allow us 2 weeks to process your application. If you are looking for a very young pup or something very specific (13" male 1-2 yrs. old) it may take longer for you to hear from us -- we won't call unless we have something that is near your request.
3. We will notify you via email when your application is approved to make an appointment for your interview and to meet the dogs. All adoptions require a personal visit -- we do not ship dogs to a new home.
4. Applicants with children 8 years of age or younger, and/or no recent dog ownership, are required to have a fenced-in yard. Occasional exceptions are made if there is a history of recent beagle ownership.
5. All current pets must be up to date on shots and heartworm preventative.
6. An adoption fee of $160 for adults is required at time of adoption. This partially reimburses us for the cost of your dog's spay/neuter, shots, heartworm test (and treatment, if necessary), microchip, and other expenses. Occasional special needs or senior dogs qualify for a reduction in the adoption fee.
7. Please have the courtesy to call us and cancel your application if you find a dog elsewhere. We are an all volunteer organization and time is a limited resource.
Come Visit Us!
We do not have a location for you to visit. All of our beagles are either in foster care, or with their current owners. However, you can visit our website at http://www.sosbeagles.org. All pets are shown by appointment only, after receiving an application. Alabama SOS Beagle Rescue can transport to any location so SOS encourages would be adopters to view all of the beagles available.
We always need more help -- please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer as a foster home or for more information.
SOS Beagle Rescue P.O. Box 660862
Birmingham, AL 35266