Joined: 13 Oct 2004
Total posts: 1331
|Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:10 pm
Post subject: L.A County CA ANIMAL CARE ATTENDANT
|The County of Los Angeles, CA department of Animal Care and Control is seeking an ANIMAL CARE ATTENDANT I
The successful candidate will work under close supervision, feed and care for animals, and maintain sanitary conditions at Animal Control Shelters.
Essential Job Functions:
• Feeding and providing water to impounded animals; selecting and preparing appropriate type and quantity of food.
• Cleaning, disinfecting, and maintaining sanitary conditions of kennels, cages, corrals, grounds, equipment, and facilities at an Animal Control Shelter.
• Conducting routine maintenance and minor repairs of facilities and equipment at an Animal Control Shelter.
• Assisting higher-level personnel in releasing of animals to owners.
• Bathing, grooming, and preparing animals available for placement.
• Maintaining simple records related to daily animal care and conditions by utilizing database software.
• Assisting higher-level personnel in preparing, restraining, medicating and vaccinating animals or in performing euthanasia.
• Transporting animals to and from veterinary offices and other medical facilities, as needed.
• Assisting in the office by answering telephones, responding to inquiries from the public regarding care, retention, and disposal of animals, as needed.
• Collecting fees and issue receipts, as needed.
• Picking up supplies needed at the Animal Control Shelter, as needed.
Read the full job description, as well as application instructions here: