Joined: 13 Oct 2004
Total posts: 1331
|Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:45 pm
Post subject: Animal Care Tech - NYC ASPCA Headquarters office
|Bergh Memorial Animal Hospital (BMAH) located at the ASPCA New York City Headquarters office, is an animal medical facility that offers state- of- the-art digital radiography, soft tissue and orthopedic surgery, dentistry, endoscopy, ultrasound, cardiology, dermatology, spay/neuter and vaccines. We operate with a doctor practice, and a staff of 60 plus employees treating over 20,000 patients a year! We have a high–quality ICU and offer 24- hour nursing care by Licensed Veterinary Technicians in our hospital. BMAH handles a high volume emergency practice and supports our ASPCA Humane Law Enforcement (HLE) officers, with cruelty investigations. BMAH also supports our busy ASPCA adoptions department with their more challenging medical cases.
The job of Animal Care Tech (ACT) will be able to assist doctors and other hospital staff by providing a higher level of direct care and maintenance, including feeding and general husbandry of hospitalized animals. This list may be revised at any time and additional duties not listed here may be assigned as needed.
• Demonstrate excellent relations with clients/pets in waiting and/or exam rooms and kennel. While working in adoption area must be able to deal with general Public in a courteous, professional manner
• Ensure that exam rooms and kennel areas are clean, orderly and ready for use
• Feed animals as scheduled and make sure they have clean water at all times
• Exercise/socialize animals three times a day and abide by the dog-walking program in place. This includes documenting necessary animal information for management or Veterinary staff
• Ensure the comfort and cleanliness of hospitalized / adoption animals
Bathe or clean pets immediately that become soiled with urine, blood or feces
• Take inventory and stock supplies as needed
• Make certain entire hospital including treatment, surgery, exam rooms and kennels are kept extremely clean through the day. This includes your own clothing and appearance.
• Advise Supervisor of any conditions that are unsafe including unrecognized hazards or infractions of safety rules
• Communicate effectively with DVM’s and document issues or concerns that clients may convey about pets and any changes observed while in your care
• Must attend staff meetings and training classes as scheduled
• High School Diploma required
• Animal Care Technician role or equivalent preferred
• Must treat animals with care and respect at all times
• Must enjoy keeping animals and kennels clean
• Ability to work independently, as well as be a team player.
• Ability to restrain and handle animals
• Ability to drive a vehicle and possess a clean / valid NY State driver’s license
• Maintain the cleanliness of animal transport vehicles (if needed)
Our generous benefit package includes the following for full-time employees and (if qualified, we offer domestic partner coverage!) Medical, Dental, STD, 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Transit checks, Tuition Assistance Program, Training Seminars, EAP, 50% animal hospital discount, Paid time off (PTO).
Apply through this link only please: