Joined: 13 Oct 2004
Total posts: 1331
|Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:13 pm
Post subject: Prarie Farm Assist. Director for Animal Care - Champaign IL
|The Prairie Farm Assistant Director – Animal Care assists with the daily operation and maintenance of the animals and their care at the Champaign Park District’s interactive farm. This position is seasonal and requires a minimum of 40 hours/week during the summer months.
Examples of Duties:
• Assist with the feeding, care and cleaning of animals.
• Monitor and maintain health conditions of animals.
• Assist with training, supervising, and evaluating leaders and volunteers.
• Maintain good public relations with participants and their care givers.
• Purchase and maintain program supplies.
• Use Champaign Park District resources wisely.
• Maintain a clean and orderly environment at all times.
• Maintain a safe and secure environment for staff and participants.
• Maintain open communication with supervisor and subordinates.
• Maintain records of program operations including participant files, incident/accident reports, attendance, and sign-out sheets.
• Assist in planning, organizing, and directing Prairie Farm programs as needed.
• Attend required meetings.
• Acts as Director in Director’s absence.
• Minimum 18 years of age.
• Minimum one year experience working with livestock required.
• Children’s recreational programming experience preferred.
• Valid Illinois Driver’s License.
• Certified in CPR and First Aid or willingness to obtain with two weeks of hire.
• Attend Bloodborne Pathogen training within two weeks of hire.
The Prairie Farm Assistant Director is directly responsible to the Prairie Farm Director.
• Assist with special projects.
• Assist with upkeep of farmhouse and grounds.
• Must be able to organize, plan, and implement multiple projects simultaneously and complete by their respective deadlines.
• Must be able to resolve differences and problems that arise with staff, participants, volunteers, partners, and sponsors in a professional manner and in the spirit of the district’s mission.
• Must be a self-starter who is able to work with little supervision.
• Outdoors in hot, humid, sunny weather.
• Must be able to lift supplies and equipment (approximately up to 40 pounds) when needed.
• Exposed to various odors and sounds associated with farm activities.
• May be exposed to many weather conditions including rain, wind, extreme heat, etc.
• Must be able to represent the district in a positive manner.
• Must be able to work well with people, resolve problems fairly and with judgment in keeping with the mission of the district.
• Should be safety conscious at all times.
Agency: Champaign Park District
Bresnan Meeting Center
706 Kenwood Road Champaign, Illinois 61821
Web Site: http://www.champaignparkdistrict.com