Today is Petside.com’s fourth annual Pet ‘Net event, when many pet websites all agree to write about a specific theme. And this year, that theme is our favorite: pet adoption!
Since we pretty much always write about pet adoption, and since November is Adopt-A-Senior-Pet Month, our Pet ‘Net blog post is about what you can do to get senior pets adopted.
Here are some easy ways you can help:
- Tell a friend! Take our Stand Up for Senior Pets Pledge and make a commitment to tell one person why senior pets rule. Bonus: You’ll be entered for a chance to win a BISSELL Lift-Off® Deep Cleaning System for yourself and one for the Petfinder shelter or rescue group of your choice (official rules).
- Donate your Facebook status. Find an adoptable senior on Petfinder and share him or her with this message: “November is Adopt-A-Senior-Pet Month. Save a life: Adopt a senior pet!”
- Tweet and retweet this (or your own) message: “November is Adopt-A-Senior-Pet Month. Save a life: Adopt a senior pet! http://www.petfinder.com #seniorsrule”
- Share a senior-pet adoption story. Post or email a Happy Tail about a senior pet who found a loving home. We’ll be featuring senior-pet Happy Tails on our blog and the Petfinder homepage all this month.
- Volunteer to foster a senior pet. Get an older shelter resident out of a cage and onto a warm pillow in your home. Learn more about fostering.
- Add a Petfinder senior-pet search widget (pictured below) to your website or blog. Get the widget.
- Write an op-ed about adopting senior pets for your local paper.
- Photograph adoptable pets. Take the Best Friends Invisible Dog pledge to contact your local shelter or rescue group and offer to photograph their adoptable pets. Then upload the pics to Petfinder.
- Donate to your local shelter or rescue group or to the Petfinder.com Foundation in honor of Adopt-A-Senior-Pet Month.
You might also like:
Puppies vs. Senior Dogs